John Stevens is allegedly getting a lot of interest from the Vancouver Canucks and the New York Rangers. John is not a New York kind of guy. That is a huge stage and a mild-mannered defensive minded coach goes with that idiot Glen Sather and New York like a farm boy from Viking, Alberta goes with Los Ang…um…shit.
The Canucks suck. Alain Vigneault was a great coach. They don’t deserve Stevens. They deserve more first round playoff eliminations and the Sedins.
Jarret Stoll v. Justin Williams. If Dean Lombardi is looking to trade a reasonable contract like Timmy Love claims, shouldn’t it be Jarret? Almost the same cap hit, same duration, similar value. With a depth chart of Kopitar, Richards and Carter at center and Carter fitting like a glove in his natural center position, wouldn’t you rather have them down the middle than try to squeeze a kid who may not be ready in the top 6 wing position? Faceoffs…yes I know, but are we really concerned about faceoffs with those three down the middle? Chemistry with Carter and Richards. Come on, they are great players, they don’t need each other on the line to be great.
Tim Leiweke is a dick.
He is not a dick for expressing an opinion.
He is a dick for doing it the way he did. Notice the question had nothing to do with L.A. or the Kings. The question was about the Maple Leafs and their fans. Yet, the first thing he says is how that kind of fandom didn’t exist in L.A. and that didn’t awaken until the Finals. That is just a malicious dig and against whom? The L.A. Kings fan base and the city.
What did we ever do to this guy? Except watch him get progressively fatter throughout the years?
Fuck you, Tim.
I would love to personally introduce him to my fandom so he can have some perspective while drinking his food out of a straw for a month. What a moron for ruining his legacy here by opening his overfed mouth.
A few random bullets:
- Is it me or does Jonathan Toews look VERY Amish with that playoff beard? Remember that an Amish with his fist up a horse’s ass is a mechanic.
- I dig the idea of a Vey-Person-Toffoli line as our third. Nuts, I know, but it’s sexy.
- Jon Rosen reports that the Kings and Voynov may be close. I still think (or want to believe) a $3.8M cap hit is reasonable…I wonder though if it will be closer to $4.3-4.5. Oh and the KHL…pfft.
- Did you know that there hasn’t been a split in the first two games of the Cup Final since 2004? I learned that today via Dan Rosen’s Twitter account.
- Game two starts at 5pm. Fuck both teams and I’m still watching every second.
- Oh and I had nothing about Jacob. I just put him in the title because it worked with the J theme.
Categories: L.A. Kings News