As goaltenders go, they don’t make them any more sexy that Jonathan Quick. He misses nearly 2 months of action and, in his first game back, makes Vancouver Canucks forwards and defensemen suck it.
These diving prima donnas have not changed a bit. Neither has karma.
Rapid fire thoughts and tidbits:
– Jeff Carter had his mojo tonight. That pass he received and snapshot to the top corner while his feet were still moving, and all in one motion, was classic. You are born with that kind of skill set. You cannot teach that.
– I don’t care that it took us a while to score. We were playing great. Everything from breakouts through the forecheck was efficient. The penalties sucked, especially early on, but those were not lazy reaching or obstruction penalties. First one by Carter was just getting tangled up with a pussy. And we all know when Carter gets tangled with a pussy, the pussy is going down. The second one was not a crosscheck. It was a diving Kevin Bieksa.
– I love Brad Richardson. That one-timer he had at the end was shot right into Jonathan Quick’s crest. Never change Brad. You sold your soul. Never change.
– Dustin Brown was playing like he was either going to score a goal or kill himself trying. That type of desperation and work ethic is what makes Brown awesome. He has to do that shit more though. He has been a C- Captain and top six forward the entire season. We all know he has it in him. We all saw Beast Brown in the 2012 playoffs. Consistency however is what makes you a superstar.
– No complaints on defense. They did a damn good job in front of Quick. The only goal the Canucks scored was due to Williams having to retrieve his stick and, in the process, creating a cross-ice seam for the pass to Ryan Kessler.
Hey look, we scored three goals and didn’t have to trade our entire bottom six. How about that…
Scribe’s three stars:
3. Willie Mitchell
2. Jeff Carter
1. Jonathan Quick
Categories: L.A. Kings News