Being the Stanley Cup Champions is not all fun and games. Apparently, a couple of grandparents have sued the Los Angeles Kings. The grandmother, Trina Adam, was allegedly hit with a puck to the head at the Icetown Sports Center in Riverside during her granddaughter’s birthday party. The initial reaction may be “so what, you’re in a skating rink, that is the risk you assume” right? She was allegedly in a special room, away from the ice rink when it happened. I don’t know how far this room was, but, holy shit, somebody may have missed the net and then some.
I don’t have the lawsuit. I am semi-tempted to send out for it and attach a copy of it to this article. I learned about all of this through an article by the Toronto Sun which apparently relied on TMZ for its information.
The grandmother has allegedly suffered from headaches, nausea, etc. Sounds like she may have received a concussion in all of this, which, if that is true, is no laughing matter.
Her husband, Dino, has allegedly filed a claim for loss of enjoyment of sexual relations, which I believe (if memory serves) is called loss of consortium in legalize.
The questions we have (some with tongue firmly planted in cheek) are of course:
1. What the hell is Jack Johnson doing at the Riverside Icetown Sports Center and taking shots? “Johnson SHOOTS! High and wide!”
2. Don’t the grandparents now open up their relative boinking history for at least the last few years? I mean, if you’re going to allege intimacy has suffered, you better be ready to back it up, right? I want to be at that deposition…I want to take that deposition.
3. Did I use the word boinKING on purpose when I had many other options?
4. Doesn’t the person who allegedly shot the puck share some or all of the culpability here? I mean, how the hell is one supposed to anticipate an errand shot like that? Perhaps there may be a design flaw in the room’s location in proximity to the ice rink. Don’t know. I have never been to this ice rink. Any of you?
5. Is this yet another reason to hate the Inland Empire?
6. Are you just happy Drew Doughty has had a quiet summer so far?
No matter what happens with this, we wish the grandmother a speedy and healthy recovery. Being hit by a puck sucks.
Categories: L.A. Kings News